Dr. Wei Xie is a Professor with the School of Business Administration at South China University of Technology. His current research efforts focus on Business Analytics, Finance and Risk Analysis, and Sharing Economy. His research work has been published in IISE Transactions, Naval Research Logistics, Omega, European Journal of Operational Research, Journal of Global Optimization, IEEE Transactions on Reliability, etc.
Ph.D., Systems and Industrial Engineering, 2013
The University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ, USA
B.S., Applied Mathematics, 2010
Shanghai University, Shanghai, China
Associate Professor, September 2015 – September 2018
School of Business Administration, South China University of Technology
Assistant Professor, January 2014 – May 2015
Department of Systems and Industrial Engineering, The University of Arizona
Stock Speculation • Alein • Hip-Hop • Traditional Chinese Culture • Travel
• Optimization Models
• Revenue Management
• Business Analytics and Decision Making
• Production and Operations Management
• Cutting-Edge Literature Review for Supply Chain Management
• Seminars on Industrial Engineering: Frontiers in Theory and Application
• Finalist of POMS-HK Best Student Paper Competition (2019)
• 广东省第七届哲学社会科学优秀成果奖二等奖 (2017)
• Outstanding Industrial Engineering Graduate Student Award (2013)
• National Science Foundation Travel Grant Award (2013)
• Quality Control and Reliability Engineering Track Best Paper Award at IIE Annual Conference (2013)
• Outstanding Presentation Award at RAM V Workshop (2012)
Please refer to my Google Scholar Citations.
• Dynamic warranty reserve planning over a finite horizon, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, conditionally accepted.
• An analysis of distance-based vs. uniformly-fixed pricing scheme for vehicle sharing platforms with three classes of customers,Omega, under 1st round revision.
• Paper by luck 1, Production and Operations Management, under 2nd round review.
• Paper by luck 2,Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, under 1st round revision.
• Paper by luck 3, Production and Operations Management, reject with resubmission offer.
• 国家自然科学基金面上项目 (01/2020-12/2023) PI-Wei Xie, Funded by NSFC, #71971085.
• 国家自然科学基金青年项目 (01/2017-12/2019) PI-Wei Xie, Funded by NSFC, #71601079.
• 广东省自然科学基金博士启动项目 (06/2016-06/2019) PI-Wei Xie, Funded by NSFGP, #2016A030310415.
• 中央高校基本科研业务费（自然科学类）重点项目 (01/2019-12/2020) PI-Wei Xie, Funded by SCUT, #2019ZD14.
• 中央高校基本科研业务费（自然科学类）面上项目 (01/2017-12/2018) PI-Wei Xie, Funded by SCUT, #2017MS115.
• 华南理工大学人才特区启动经费 (09/2015-09/2020) PI-Wei Xie, Funded by SCUT.
Luqi Wang (Placement: Kaiyuan Securities Co., Ltd.)
Guangyu Liu (Placement: SF Express (Group) Co., Ltd.)
Prospective PhD/MS/ME students who enjoy solving puzzles are welcome to apply. Interested candidates please send your CV, transcripts, and publications (if any) to me for consideration. Outstanding MS/ME students might be recommended to my oversea collaborators for PhD positions.