近年来在国际顶级和主流学术期刊发表20余篇文章（如Information Systems Research, Journal of Management Information Systems, Journal of the Association for Information Systems, Decision Support Systems, Electronic Commerce Research and Applications, Information Processing & Management, Internet Research），并且担任多个国际学术期刊和会议的评审工作。现主持的项目包括国家自然科学基金面上/青年项目、教育部人文社会科学研究青年项目、中国博士后科学基金特别资助项目、中国博士后科学基金面上资助项目、中央高校基本科研业务费（自然科学类）面上项目、中央高校基本科研业务费（人文社科类）博士启动项目、华南理工大学研究生教育改革全英文课程建设项目、华南理工大学学生研究计划等。
Doctoral of Philosophy, in Information Systems, Department of Information Systems, College of Business, City University of Hong Kong
Doctoral of Management Science, in Management Science and Engineering, School of Management, University of Science and Technology of China
(1) IT challenge and negative issues (e.g., addiction, compulsion, cyberstalking, deterrence)
(2) Information sharing (e.g., status update, real-time information sharing)
(3) Electronic commerce (e.g., impulsive online buying, mobile business)
(4) Social media (e.g., Facebook, T witter)
Beta Gamma Sigma 2015
Excellent student prize of president fellowships: Chinese Academy of Sciences 2015
Peterho Conference Scholarship: City University of Hong Kong 2015
Nomination for Best Paper Award: PACIS 2013
(1) Chuang Wang*, Matthew K. O. Lee, Zhongsheng Hua (2015). A theory of social media dependence: Evidence from microblog users. Decision Support Systems, 69, 40-49. (SCI, IF=3.222, Rank: 28/146, Q1)
(2) Chuang Wang, Xiao-Ling Jin, Zhongyun Zhou, Yulin Fang, Matthew K.O. Lee, Zhongsheng Hua (2015). Effect of perceived media capability on status update in microblogs. Electronic Commerce Research and Applications, 14 (3), 181-191.(SCI/SSCI, IF=1.954, Rank: 48/105, Q2)
(3) Xiaodong Li, Xinshuai Guo, Chuang Wang, Shengliang Zhang (2016). Do buyers express their true assessment? Antecedents and consequences of customer praise feedback behaviour on Taobao. Internet Research, 26 (5), 1112-1133. (SCI/SSCI, IF=2.931, Rank: 34/146, Q1)
(4) Paul Benjamin Lowry, Jun Zhang, Chuang Wang, Mikko Siponen (2016). Why do adults engage in cyberbullying on social media? An integration of online disinhibition and deindividuation effects with the social structure and social learning (SSSL) model. Information Systems Research, 27(4), 962-986. (SSCI, IF=2.763, Rank: 14/85, Q1, ESI 1%~10%)
(5) Chuang Wang, Zhongyun Zhou, Xiao-Ling Jin, Yulin Fang, Matthew K.O. Lee (2017). The influence of affective cues on positive emotion in predicting instant information sharing on microblogs: Gender as a moderator. Information Processing & Management, 53(3), 721-734. (SCI/SSCI, IF=2.391, Rank: 16/85, Q1, ESI 1%~10%)
(6) Xiaodong Li, Shengliang Zhang, Chuang Wang*, Xinshuai Guo (2018). Understanding customers’ compliance behaviour to frontline employees’ fuzzy requests. Journal of Services Marketing, 32 (2), 235-246. (SSCI, IF=1.811, Rank: 67/121, Q3)
(7) Chuang Wang*, Matthew K.O. Lee (2019). Why we cannot resist our smartphones: Investigating compulsive use of mobile SNS from a stimulus-response-reinforcement perspective. Journal of the Association for Information Systems. Forthcoming. (SCI/SSCI, IF=2.839, Rank: 37/148, Q1)
(8) Paul Benjamin Lowry, Jun Zhang, Gregory D. Moody, Sutirtha Chatterjee, Chuang Wang, Tailai Wu (2019). An integrative theory addressing cyberharassment in light of technology-based opportunism. Journal of Management Information Systems, Forthcoming. (SCI/SSCI, IF=3.013, Rank: 17/89, Q1)
(1) Chuang Wang, Matthew K. O. Lee, Zhongsheng Hua (2014). Understanding and predicting compulsive smartphone use: An extension of reinforcement sensitivity approach. Proceedings of 2014 International Conference on Information Systems, Auckland, New Zealand, December 14-17. (EI)
(2) Chuang Wang, Matthew K. O. Lee (2014). Understanding microblog addiction on smartphone: The role of media characteristics. Proceedings of 2014 International Conference on Mobile Business. London, UK, June 4-5.
(3) Chuang Wang, Xiao-Ling Jin, Matthew K. O. Lee, Yulin Fang, Zhongyun Zhou, Zhongsheng Hua. (2013). Understanding Status Update in Microblog: A Perspective on Media Needs. Proceedings of the 17th Pacific Asia Conference on Information Systems, Jeju Island, Korea, June 18-22. (EI)
(4) Chuang Wang, Matthew K. O. Lee, Chen Yang, & Xiaodong Li. (2015). Understanding problematic smartphone use and its characteristics: A perspective on behavioral addiction. Paper presented at the Proceedings of the 24th International Conference on Information Systems Development, Harbin, China, August 25-27. (EI)
(5) Chuang Wang, Zhongyun Zhou, Xiao-Ling Jin, Yulin Fang, and Matthew K.O. Lee (2015). Applying the stimulus-organism-response model to understand real-time information sharing in microblog. Proceedings of the Journal of Association for Information System-endorsed paper development Workshop at the 2015 PACIS, Singapore, July 6-9.
(6) Paul Benjamin Lowry, Jun Zhang, Chuang Wang, Tailai Wu, and Mikko Siponen (2013). Understanding and predicting cyberstalking in social media: Integrating theoretical perspectives on shame, neutralization, self-control, rational choice, and social learning. Proceedings of the Journal of Association for Information Systems Theory Development Workshop at the 2013 ICIS, Milan, Italy, December 15.
(7) Tailai Wu, Jinlin Wan, Yaobin Lu, Chuang Wang, Chen Yang (2015). When ad is selfie: The effect of selfie on the effectiveness of ad endorsers in social media. Proceedings of the 2015 Americas Conference on Information Systems, Puerto Rico, USA, August 13-15
(8) Manli Wu, Chuang Wang*, Leon Zhao, & Liang Liang. (2017). Distraction or not? Investigating the relationship between mobile social network engagement and task performance. Paper presented at the Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Research and Innovation in Information Systems, Malaysia, Langkawi. (EI, Best paper awarded)
(9) Xiaodong Li, Chuang Wang*, Bengang Gong, Chen Yang. (2017). Understanding service-related UGC: From a Need-Motive-Value perspective. Paper presented at the The 14th International Conference on Service Systems and Service Mangement, Dalian, China, June 16-18. (EI)
(10) Manli Wu, Chen Yang, Chuang Wang*, J. Leon Zhao, Sisi Wu, Liang Liang (2018). Distraction or connection? An investigation of social media use at work. Paper presented at the Proceedings of the 51th Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, Hawaii, January 3-6.
(11) Pengzhen Yin, Chuang Wang, Xiayu Chen, Jingjing Ding, Xi Hu (2018). Effects of overload expansion of mobile technologies use on job satisfaction and its coping. Proceedings of the 22th Pacific Asia Conference on Information Systems, Yokohama, Japan, June 26-30.
(12) Chuang Wang, Jun Zhang (2018). Regulate Privacy in SNS: Privacy Control on the Self-Boundary and the Dyadic-Boundary. Paper presented at workshop on Information Security and Privacy, San Francisco, USA, December 13-16.
(13) Yanbing Zhang, Chuang Wang*, and Wei Lu (2019). Is “Like” Equal to “Love”? Investigating Brand Love In Social Media Brand Communities. AIBSARC, Cebu, Philippines, December 5-7.
(1) The Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities (Project No.2015QNXM10/2018MS32)
(2) China Postdoctoral Science Foundation (Project No. 2015M582389)
(3) Special Program of the Postdoctoral Science Foundation of China (Project No. 2016T90788)
(4) The Ministry of Education of China, Humanities and Social Sciences project (Project No.16YJC630113)
(5) National Natural Science Fundation of China (Project No. 71871095/71601080)
Program Committee: China Marketing International Conference (CMIC) 2019
Associate Editor: International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS) 2018
Reviewer: Decision Support Systems, Information and Management, Electronic Commerce Research and Applications, Information Technology & People, Internet Research, International Journal of Information Management, ICIS, AMCIS, PACIS